Anyone who’s ever been on Shopbop or in a boutique has probably had their head turned by Charlotte Ronson’s designs. Her girly, flirty, casual pieces fit into any wardrobe (lord knows we have a few) and show up on our favorite trendsetters like Nicole Richie. WhoWhatWearDaily figured that Ronson’s impeccable taste and ahead of the curve sensibilities would pertain to her favorite websites as well, so we asked her to compile a list of her best buys on the internet. Results and reasons for her selections are after the jump…
- Swiss dot crochet cotton v-neck slip dress in black by Charlotte Ronson, $211, www.charlotteronson.com or www.shopbop.com
Inspired by the 1963 “The Great Escape” starring Steve McQueen, Charlotte Ronson’s Spring/Summer 07 collection mixes feminine details (embroidery, crochet) with ethic and tribal prints.
- Risky Business Sunglasses from Urban Outfitters, $14, www.urbanoutfitters.com
“I love classic Rayban Wayfarers, but these are a nice, cheaper, alternative version clearly inspired by the originals. If you lose sunglasses—or have the tendency to break them—these are good to have around. I also love Frogskins from Oakley sunglasses for the same reason!”
- iThunder Portable Boom Box System for iPods in pink, $179.95, www.mtx.com
“This pink iPod ghetto blaster is so cute, every girl has to have one.’
- Vintage Movie Posters from eBay, prices vary, www.ebay.com
“I love beautiful vintage movie posters, especially ones with Brigitte Bardot or Raquel Welsh. They’re usually well priced on eBay because you’re not paying for a store’s rent. I like the foreign versions the best.”
- Milk Gums candy, approximately $1.94 for 50 candies, www.handycandy.co.uk
“These are my favorite sweets in all of London, and I’ve loved them since I was little. They’re sweet, gummy, chewy and a little chalky—it’s a strange consistency. My father found this website so now I have them shipped to me in the States.”
- Charlotte Ronson Chrissie wedge canvas espadrille, $136, www.shopbop.com or www.charlotteronson.com for stockists).
Charlotte’s signature wedge heels in spring/summer colors are a must-have.
- Topshop’s Campbell Jeans in stone, approx $78 www.topshop.com.
“I love Topshop’s jeans—I have a pair I wear almost everyday—they always fit really well. This is a great wash too, it’s a little lighter and brighter for spring, plus it’s nice to have a pair of jeans that not everyone else is wearing. I haven’t seen these everywhere yet.”
- UK Albums, from about $15, www.amazon.co.uk
“Amy Winehouse’s song “Rehab” is amazing. My brother [Mark Ronson] produced it, so I heard it a long time ago, but I swear it’s not nepotism! I was singing along immediately.”
- Girls by Pamela Hanson, $34.95, www.allbookstores.com
“This is a perfect book by the amazing fashion photographer Pamela Hanson. It’s all her pictures paired with amazing quotes [including Julianne Moore, Manolo Blahnik and Richard Gere] about what “girl” means. It’s a cool coffee table book or housewarming gift.”