We all have one permanent set of teeth. However, once they are gone, we can only hope to be able to replace them with alternative options that are durable and acceptable to our individual dental needs.
Dentures are one of the most popular tooth replacement options available today. Dentures are prosthetic devices intended to replace missing teeth. They are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity.
Two types of dentures are available – full dentures and partial dentures.
· Full dentures – Full dentures, also known as complete dentures, are a removable dental appliance used when all of your natural teeth are missing. They provide a comfortable fit, increased durability, and an overall more natural and definite appearance.
· Partial dentures – Partial dentures are a removable dental appliance used when some of your natural teeth remain, but they are weak and cannot support structures such as dental bridges. They are properly adjusted to fit the gum line, thereby handling your chewing and speaking needs, while also looking natural in appearance.
If you are missing one or more of your natural teeth, this can bring about a number of problems, such as difficulty talking, improper eating habits leading to poor nutrition, and even unwanted changes in your facial structure. In an attempt to prevent these problems from occurring, a lot of dentists recommend dentures.
Yet, some individuals are hesitant about getting dentures because they are concerned that they will look fake, will hurt, will not allow them to eat certain foods, and so on. Although these concerns are not unjustified, they are easily addressed by getting fitted for the right type of dentures.
Pairing superior protection with unbeatable comfort
It is far better to take action for your individual dental needs as opposed to taking for granted crucial activities, such as speaking or eating, which may become a difficult task to achieve with time.
Some of the benefits of getting dentures include:
· Regaining self-confidence – Dentures can help you to regain the confidence to smile – a confidence that you may have lost when you lost your teeth and were left with empty spaces in your mouth.
· Having little to no diet restrictions – Despite what many individuals believe, dentures are quite durable. This means that you will not have to give up your favourite foods in fear that the dentures may break, loosen or fall out.
· Experiencing fewer speech difficulties – If you have gaps and missing teeth, this can make it much more difficult to effectively communicate with others. Dentures can help with your conversational skills, giving you the confidence to connect with people and build quality relationships.
· Improving your oral health – It is no secret that the space left behind by missing teeth can easily become a breeding ground for bacteria. This, in turn, can cause severe issues such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay. Dentures can significantly improve your oral health because they cannot affect what isn’t there.
A lot of tooth replacement options, such as implants, require a huge time commitment, including more than 6 months of dental work and not to mention a dozen trips to the dentist. Instead, a complete set of dentures can be completed within 2 to 6 weeks, giving your mouth, jaw, and cheekbones a very natural-looking appearance.
After a short adjustment period, you will notice that you have regained a fully functioning set of teeth that look and feel like the real deal.
So, if you are missing more than a couple of teeth and you wish to dazzle with a complete smile again, visit Aesthetic Denture Clinic to learn more about dentures and how they can help you.