Are you or your beloved ones suffering from substance abuse? If you are suffering from abuse of opiate then there is nothing much to worry about it as you are not the only one in this phase. There are millions of people in the world who have addiction of opium based drugs.
Overdose of opiate drugs has reportedly claimed lives of hundreds of people every year. If you agree to undergo treatment under rehabilitation centres there is a way out to a clean life again. We at lighthouse Rehabilitation centre are there to provide you with exclusive Opiate Detox Treatment under constant supervision of medical attendants.
Description of Opiate Abuse:
Opiate can be described as a drug that is obtained from the most common form of painkiller, Opium. These drugs are very much addictive in nature. In order to withdraw from Opiate one need to know few details of the side effects that are expected to follow the withdrawal treatment process. The effects of opiate depend on the frequency of drug consumption.
Factors affecting metabolism of opiate and similar substances:
As most of the drugs are derived from certain alkaloids, the metabolism of each depends on several factors. Every alkaloid has different nature and the metabolism is completely dependent on the same. Certain factors that affect the metabolism are –
- Age of the addict: Always remember metabolism of drugs gets slow as you age.
- Digestion – Metabolism of drugs solely depends on your body’s capability of digesting the alkaloids
- Body adipose tissue- All opiate substances are very much hypophilic in nature leading to high tendency of getting deposited as a body fat. So your body fat always retains some quantity of opiate in it.
- Water consumption-Water consumption plays a vital role in metabolism of any drug. Water helps in flushing out all toxins from the body hence the more water you consume the less traces of opiate stays in your body.
- Usage of Opiate – How frequent do you consume opiate drugs? If you are consuming a lot at a time and frequently repeating the action then the probability of metabolism reduces.
- Purity of drug- another factor that affects the metabolism process is the purity of drugs. If you have bought a pure quality of drug then the effect is stronger and hence metabolism takes time for this case.
How long does opiate cause action on body:
Opiate is a substance that abuses your body for quite a long time. It can stay in your blood for as long as 48 hours but it remains in Saliva for even 4 days. It remains in your hair for almost 90 days, but if you are detecting the presence then you should remember that the drug effects leave your body in 7 days. If your frequency of consumption is high then because of constant building of the substance in body it take longer time to leave the body system.
Detox treatment for Opiate:
If you have a plan of withdrawal from opiate then it is very important for you to have a clear idea of the side effects of opiate detoxification treatment. Some common symptoms that you develop are –
- Vomiting and nausea
- Pains and cramps in abdominal areas
- Over fatigue
- Diarrhoea and flu
- Over perspiration
- Lack of concentration
- Respiratory problems