Soups may become a treasure in order to stay hydrated and full. Such kind of liquid-based meal may have a lot of healthy ingredients inside and give immune system a boost. Also, they are usually loaded with nutrients which are disease-fighting, so it is perfect to eat a soup when you have a cold. Mostly they include boiled vegetables which makes a nice and smooth flavour. Soup may be a great and comforting meal for your kids and family. There are a few quick recipes of delicious soups that can be a great meal for your family while serving lunch or dinner.
Lentil and spiced carrot soup
- First of all, heat a saucepan for cumin seeds and chilli flakes. You may need 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds and a pinch of chilli flakes. Fry them for one minute or at least till the moment when they’ll start to jump around the pan.
- Take a half of chilli flakes and cumin seeds out of the pan and set them aside. Afterwards add 1l hot vegetable stock, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 140g split red lentils, 125ml milk and 600g coarsely grated carrots to the pan. Fry them for a few minutes until smooth.
- Take vegetables out of the pan and put them to the pot for simmering. Simmer vegetables approximately for 15 minutes.
- Take a stick blender and whizz the soup till it gets creamy texture.
- You may put chilli flakes and cumin seeds which where left aside on the top of the soup bowl – it will look really tasty and nice!
- Serve the soup with a warm naan bread.
- First of all, heat the oil in the pan. You may need a few carrots and onion. Cut them and then fry in the pan for 5 minutes to go.
- Cut some tomatoes and add them to the pan. Afterwards, simmer them for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add some beans and simmer everything for 5 minutes more.
- Boil pasta in 600 ml of water.
- Once vegetables are smooth and tender, take out the pasta from the pot with colander and put it inside the pan. Keep it there for a few minutes until it gets smooth.
- Then return everything to the boil and add some basil in the boiling pot.
- Serve everything in bowls – add some parmesan on the top of it and slice some garlic bread in addition.
Soup is one of the most delicious meal which may be acceptable for a lot of people. These recipes will help you to make some nice and quick soups. It will be a great choice to serve your lunch or dinner for the family. Good luck!